Artiste Projection Services have been installing PA and sound equipment for years in a huge range of venues across Dorset and Hampshire.We use the best equipment from repeatable suppliers, like Shure Electrovoice and XTA, to suit our customers requirements and budgets while advising on the best solution which will meet their needs and give them the best and long lived service. Our installations have been providing reliable and high performance sound in each, whether it’s a small conference system in a hotel function room to a state of the art multi media av system in a busy church. If you have a permanent sound system requirement please call and let us discuss your requirements with you. We have maintained sound equipment for a wide variety of our customers and also provided them with after installation consultancy for system upgrades and repairs.
OUR LATEST SOUND INSTALLATIONS
Mini Arena system for School Hall
This System had a few unusual requirements
- It had to be easy for staff to use for assemblies where only a computer sound track and a lapel radio microphone are needed
- and at the other end of the spectrum deal with a full blown production with lots of radio mikes and a rock band
- Maximum usage of the sound system equipment during the rest of the term time when no production is taking place in the hall
"The solution "
- Four sets of L Ray 1000 set up in two hangs of 8 mid tops and 2 bass cabinets for the main PA augmented by two 18" active Mega subs
- Four 1 × 12" and horn active Mega series cabinets for vocal and guitar monitoring and Three 1 ×15" and horn active Mega series cabinets for bass guitar key board and drum monitoring, giving a total of 7 separate monitor feeds
- Four radio microphone systems with both lapel and headset microphones from Sennheiser
- A set of Audio technica 14 microphones
- 4 for vocals
- 2 for back line
- 1 kick drum mike
- 4 condenser mikes for snare , hat and overhead (these double for picking up acoustic instruments as well)
- 3 Dynamic microphones for the toms
- Two DI boxes for Bass and Keyboard
- To make the system even feistier to use, it is all turned on by one master switch , no big bangs or thumps
Apart from requiring more radio microphones during large productions; this equipment covers the hall maximum requirment, I can vouch for this having used the system for real!
As all the monitors are self powered and have on board processing , making them nearly bomb proof from abuse from staff and pupils trying to over drive them , all the monitors have been allocated to the music and drama rooms around the schooled in normal term time so the get used all the time rather than sitting in store for 95% of the time .
To optimise electrical safety, I have had a new power distribution system installed this has two groups of supplies . One group feeds all the PA amplifiers via a separate RCD and another RCD feeds the circuits which the students and staff come into contact with. Besides these safety features the power distribution has a star earthing arrangement which minimises earth loops
||New mains distribution board with Dual RCD + 100A Main Switch
Upgrade of the St Edmund Campion sound system to provide improved speech intelligibility and support for the electric organ
the customers brief was to :-
- Improve the speech intelligibility in the main church and the crèche and increase the coverage of the system to include the entrance hall
- Provide realistic sound amplification for the electronic organ and play back of CDs and other media
- Both the above facilities had to be simple for users to use
To accomplish these goal, a three part system was devised which employed:-
- a column system purely for speech in the main church. This takes advantage of its precise dispersion pattered which reduces the level of reverberation compared to the result that a less controlled point source would provide. To provide a fill to the altar severs on the altar a pair of small discreet fills were powered from the same amplifier . These cabinets are mounted so from the congregations view point they are unnoticeable
- a system using 4 x compact 6" and tweeter cabinet for the crèche and entrance hall. This part of the system was fed by signals from both the speech mix and the music mix to prevent these areas feeling isolated from the main church, even when the doors are closed. As these two rooms are at the rear of the room and the doors are sometimes open the signal fed to them was delayed so that when you move from one to the other you do not hear any uneasy echoes
- The final part of the system for the music play back uses a pair of 4 × 8" bass cabinets for frequencies up to 100 Hz and a pair of 10" and horns to do the 100 Hz and above. The speakers are mounted on the shelf at the rear of the church. The amplification for this part of the system is provided by a combined 3 channel power amp, which has a mono bass amp that produces ample power to give a real feeling of a large pipe organ. The reason for using the 4 × 8" cabinets was two fold, first the low frequency response was low enough to cope with the 16 foot pipe and secondly the cabinet size was small enough to permit two to be located on the shelf
After the system was installed and set up the results were exceptional. Speech was crisp and clear and the coverage was extremely uniform. With regards to the playback and in particular the organ reproduction , you would have thought you were in a major church , the low frequencies move you and the available undistorted volume has plenty of head room to cope with the most enthusiastic congregation
- The customers comment “Fantastic”!
Rev. Barry Jennings wrote:-
I thought I would email you to let you know how things are going since you upgraded the PA systems in both churches.
I believe the only word to describe what you have done is “Fantastic” everyone can now clearly hear whoever is reading , even the children ! The back Chapel in StEC is now much quieter due to the good sound quality which is a great improvement and also the organ PA system has greatly improved the music quality and is promoting the hymn singing once again.
Obviously with your expert knowledge and skills you found the weak points in both systems and created a workable solution at low cost for us – so thank you for dedication to get things right- we are most grateful.
Rev. Barry Jennings
The Annunciation & St Edmund Campion, Bournemouth
Mini Line array at Thornden school
The system was hired in by the customer to be used on a theatrical performance as a result of the comments by staff and audiences as to the clarity and uniform coverage they rapidly made the decision to purchase a system.
This new installation uses the LR1000 small line array system to overcome the cathedral like acoustics of Thornden Hall,The application of this system provides excellent speech intelligibility and musical performance. The on board speaker management system provided all the tools necessary to tailor the system to the room, Besides its brilliant sonic performance the LR1000 is ascetically very useful in this room, as the black, side drapes mask the bass cabinets which are mounted behind the mid tops and just behind these drape. The mid top cabinets mounted in front of the drapes virtually disappear. Custom made brackets designed by ourselves and Doughty Engineering, provide a robust mounting solution with all the necessary pan and tilt adjustment required to align the mid top cabinets .All in all a very successful installation .
Artiste Projection Services have been installing lighting equipment for years in a huge range of venues around Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch and across Dorset and Hampshire. These installations have been providing reliable and high quality “performance lighting” in each venue, whether it’s a couple of lanterns on a dimmer on a hotel cabaret stage to a state of the art moving head system in a theatre. We use equipment from the best manufacturers, clay paky, pulsar zero 88 and so on If you have a permanent lighting system requirement, please call and let us discuss your requirements with you. We have maintained lighting equipment for a wide variety of our customers and also provided them with after installation consultancy for system upgrades and repairs.